Job Title: Junior infographic designer
Job Start: March 2015
Location: Clerkenwell, London.
infogr8 is seeking an up and coming member of the visual design community with modern flair to join it’s small, growing team in buzzing Clerkenwell. You will have excellent illustration and typography skills proven in your portfolio whilst having the desire to become equally as strong at presenting visual stories and excelling across info design and data viz principles.
You have some level of studio experience and will have a mix of commercial projects you’re proud of along with abstract pieces you do in your spare time whilst you’re a complete design nut! You have a basic working knowledge and confidence in Excel/ spreadsheet software where you’ve extracted data to visualise. You enjoy communicating your passion for design regularly and have a considered, meticulous approach for the audience its intended for.
What’s more, you’re hungry to be acknowledged within the space and want to win things as part of the design team. You will share the infogr8 desire and mindset that information design has plenty more innovation just yet whilst we edge closer to producing purposeful visual applications and interfaces to be loved by the modern day world.
Responsibilities (in order of current priority)
Production– Assist Senior design members with project asset production such as visual stories, infographics, data visualizations and reports. Collaborate in ideation sessions and sketch concepts in higher detail with annotation to validate visuals. Follow guidelines to adopt best practice design of data visualisations, infographics to completion. We have data journalist members to support on data and prep.
Support – accounts team with client proposals, tenders and pitches both in written and verbal format.
– Min. 1 year proven experience within a creative studio/ news desk.
– Strong portfolio of producing a broad range of compelling info designs, visual stories and illustrations across different Audiences, Topics and Objectives.
– Proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign.
– Basic use of Excel / Spreadsheet software to aid design.
– Strong handle on typography, layout, space, inherent feel for motion.
– First class honours degree in art / graphic design or similar field.
– Personable, punctual, positive, reliable and self motivated.
To apply for this position, please send your CV, links to your portfolio and cover letter to Careers(at)infogr8.com with subject line: ‘Up and coming designer’